xq28.org : สนทนาประสา Xq28 * Login   * Register
It is currently 21 Oct 2017 11:47 Select a forum [GBoard] [NBoard] [TBoard] [iBoard] [ All ]           * FAQ    * Search

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: A Lesson from Life
PostPosted: 21 Nov 2008 19:30 
ปริญญาโท
ปริญญาโท

Last night I just read a new essay, and then I found this one. Hope you guys like it! ^^
A Lesson from Life

One day a father took his young son on a trip to the country with the firm purpose to show how poor people can be. They spent a day and a night in the farm of a very poor family. When they go back from their trip the father asked his son “How was the trip?”

“Very good, Dad!”

“Did you see how poor people can be?” the father asked.

“Yeah!”

“And what did you learn?”

The son answered, “ I saw that we have a dog at home, and they have four. We have a pool that reaches to the middle of the garden; they have a creek that has no end. We have imported lamp in the garden; they have the stars. Our patio reaches to the front of yard; they have a whole horizon.”

When the little boy was finishing, his father was speechless.
His son added. “Thanks, Dad, for showing me how poor we are!”
Isn’t true that it all depends on the way you look at things? If you have love, friends, family, health, good humor and a positive attitude toward life, you’re got everything!

บางครั้งความหมายก็ไม่ได้อยู่ที่ปลายทาง

Post subject: Re: A Lesson from Life
PostPosted: 21 Nov 2008 20:22 
ปริญญาตรี
ปริญญาตรี

I like this story. :D

พD

PostPosted: 25 Nov 2008 22:22 
ประถม
ประถม

Personally, I think this tale is partially true. Yes, it's good that you have your house surrounded with beauty of nature, and dogs are great companions, but neither the dad nor the son mentions the total change of lifestyle they have to adopt. If only what this dad said in the beginning was true, that the trip was to see "POOR" people, then wouldn't that mean no shopping malls, no diners, no tech-gadgets --- a lot less conveniences in life? I think yes. Sufficiently to say, the boy was only "temporarily tired" of his big city life. You can't deny the fact that the life most people want is one like this family's.

Grow up!? I'm 38 years old!

PostPosted: 08 Jan 2009 10:42 
อนุบาล
อนุบาล

:11: :11:

PostPosted: 02 Mar 2009 04:25 
ประถม
ประถม

I love this story, it lets me see some new side of life. Some said life with money is fullfillment, but some said life with nature is better. By the way, happiness is not a thing that anyone can judge, there's no level beyond it. Human is always different from each others. Maybe we just let life be as it will be. :7: :7: :7:

หากความรักเป็นดังเส้นทางสายหนึ่ง.....

PostPosted: 03 Mar 2011 11:07 
เด็กใหม่
เด็กใหม่

I totally agree with what Khun MMMM said that happiness, there's no level beyond it. We know that "Living in sufficiency" is truly good to our lives but that's not what most of people are reaching for, right? So just become the person you want to be and play good role for your family, society and your country.

Post subject: #subject
PostPosted: 12 Mar 2011 16:42 
เด็กใหม่
เด็กใหม่

Quote:
Personally, I think this tale is partially true. Yes, it's good that you have your house surrounded with beauty of nature, and dogs are great companions, but neither the dad nor the son mentions the total change of lifestyle they have to adopt. If only what this dad said in the beginning was true, that the trip was to see "POOR" people, then wouldn't that mean no shopping malls, no diners, no tech-gadgets --- a lot less conveniences in life? I think yes. Sufficiently to say, the boy was only "temporarily tired" of his big city life. You can't deny the fact that the life most people want is one like this family's.

+1

http://travelhotel.cz.cc/

PostPosted: 17 Mar 2011 00:06 
ปริญญาโท
ปริญญาโท

+2

PostPosted: 09 Sep 2011 00:32 
อนุบาล
อนุบาล

Dark maker wrote:
[b]
Isn’t true that it all depends on the way you look at things? If you have love, friends, family, health, good humor and a positive attitude toward life, you’re got everything!

True....

it all dedpens on how one is brought up. The question is how many people would look at things the way the son did.

Thanks for sharing.

Simple is better.

PostPosted: 10 Dec 2011 11:29 
ปริญญาโท
ปริญญาโท

I like this one"If you have love, friends, family, health, good humor and a positive attitude toward life, you’re got everything!"

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ]